Monday, April 8, 2013

THM - Days 2, 3 & 4

Just FYI, "S" stands for satisfied, meaning more fat-based and low-carb. "E" stands for energizing meal and is more carb-based and low-fat. "FP" stands for fuel-pull and can be paired with either E or S meals or stand alone. THM, in a nutshell, is spacing out fats & carbs by at least 2 1/2 hours to level out blood sugar. 

Day 2

Breakfast: THM Lemon Poppyseed Muffin in a Mug (no picture). This was definitely not my favourite. Probably wouldn't make it again. I added about 1/2 tsp of maple syrup to make it tolerable. "S".

Lunch: Leftover Quinoa with Balsamic Grilled Veggies & Chicken ("E").

Supper: Pizza on a Cauliflower Crust (topped with spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, feta and mozza cheese). The cauliflower crust is a bit labour-intensive, but it turned out pretty good. I really didn't mind it even thought it's not quite like a regular pizza crust. The rest of the family had "normal" homemade pizza. I also had lettuce with homemade light caesar dressing (made with fat free Greek yogurt instead of the usual mayo). "S"

Dessert: Skinny Chocolate & Cream Cheese "S"

Late night snacks: Handful of grapes and one small apple "E"

Day 3

Breakfast: Steel Cut Oats with a drizzle of maple syrup ("E"), pineapple, little bit of strawberries & greek yogurt. Coffee with almond milk & stevia. This was my first time eating steel cut oats, and I really like them! Hooray! I actually prefer them to the usual oatmeal packets I used to make. They are very different...more chewy, not mushy like regular oatmeal. I will definitely be making them more often.


Lunch: Leftover Pizza with Cauliflower Crust ("S") with Skinny Chocolate Cheese Cake Bite ("S") for Dessert

Supper: Chicken Lentil Barley Soup with Artisan Bread ("E"). I think the Artisan Bread isn't really allowed on the plan, but I am going to have one slice & keeping the carbs with the carbs, so it should be "okay" even though probably not allowed. The artisan bread does not contain oil or eggs, so it's probably low-fat and, thus, a better fit in my carb meal than my usual breads. I'm not sure if barley is a plan-approved carb, either.



Day 4

Breakfast: Steel cut oats, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt with strawberries

Lunch: 1 bowl of chicken lentil soup & 1 slice of artisan bread

Snack: cheese and cottage cheese

Supper: Taco salad (with 4 chips)...this is where I might have ventured into the crossover range. I was SO hungry tonight when supper came around. At first I did not have any taco chips in my salad. Then, I saw I could have up to 10 grams of carbs without crossing over too much. So, I added 4 chips because I was craving them so badly :-). Then, I realized my sour cream and salsa also contained some carbs. With my dessert (cottage cheese, frozen berries, stevia blended together...actually not that bad), I think I probably went a bit over my 10 grams of carbs allowed with my "S" fat-based meal. Oh well...

Dessert: 2 skinny chocolate cheese cake bites.

I am feeling a little nasty today. I kind of feel like I'm coming down with head cold or something :-(. Not sure if some of it could be sugar detox related, perhaps? Time will tell. No exercise on Day 2 & 3 because I generally take Saturday & Sunday off from exercise. Today I did Workout 1 for the 30 Day Shred.

Probably won't update again until Friday, which marks 1 Week following Trim Healthy Mama and will be my progress report :-).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...